Join Threads and Patches Charity Block Swap. Make as many blocks as you wish and bring them in to the shop during June and July 2017.
How does this work?
Make a quilt block using any design of your choosing – it can be very simple or very complex, it can be pieced or applique.
We are raising money for Macmillan Cancer relief, so ask that you make a £2 donation in order to join the Block Swap when you bring your first blocks in. You can bring all your blocks in one go, or as you make them, it is up to you.
- Your blocks should be a 12″ square block (so 12.5″ raw edge to raw edge)
- Your block should be in Blue and/or Cream. If some of your blue fabrics have other colours in that is OK so long as blue is the dominant colour. Please try and avoid white as this will shout against any cream in the blocks.
- Your block/s must be brought to the shop (please do not post- this is a walk in block swap) any time during June or July 2017.
- Each block should be labelled with your name , or if you prefer to be anonymous a code number.
- You will be given a receipt for your blocks.
- During the first week of August we shall share out the blocks. You will get the same number back that you handed in, but they will be from different people.
- Mid August onward come in and collect your blocks
- We would encourage you to make something with your blocks if you only have a few it could be cushions or a bag. If it is several (we suggest 6 is a good number) you could make a quilt!
- Bring your completed project to Threads and Patches during October and we shall hold a charity coffee morning (day) when the projects will be on display on Saturday 28th October at the shop.
Ideas for Blocks
Each week Sally will post some simple (and a few more complex) ideas for quilt blocks plus the instructions how to make. So make sure you follow this blog to keep in touch with what is happening.
Happy stitching and we look forward to seeing you soon!