Terms and Conditions
At Threads and Patches we aim to give the best service we can to our customers. The following code of practice reflects this philosophy. Do contact us if you experience any problems with your order either via email or by telephone.
Making A Purchase
Making a purchase could not be easier. Just browse our store, and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping cart. After you have finished your selection, click on 'Checkout' and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order.
We accept credit card payment. If you are shopping from outside the UK, place your order and your credit card company will convert the transaction to your own currency.
We accept Visa and Mastercard. We do not charge for any item until it is ready to ship. Backordered items are not charged until they are shipped. You may send your credit card information via phone, snail mail or over the Internet, however we do advise that the secure payment systemm provided within our site is the most secure way of providing your information
When confirmation of order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
A flat fee for postage and packing of 4.00 applies to any shipped orders within the UK mainland that are below £40.00. If your order is below £40 and you wish to collect from the shop, please select the Click and Collect option from the drop-down menu below and shipping will not be charged.
Postage and packing are free if you spend £40.00 or over on products for delivery within the UK mainland. If your order is over £40 and you wish to collect from the shop, please indicate this in the Special Delivery Instructions field below.
Orders outside the UK mainland (including international orders) are charged at cost with a minimum charge of £4.00.
We endeavour to despatch the same day for orders received before 4pm Monday to Friday.
You will receive an email when your order is shipped or is available for collection.
Failure to collect an Item ordered under the click and collect option:
Where you have chosen the click and collect option, if you fail to collect your item within 14 days of being notified that the items are available for collection, then your order will be cancelled and you will be refunded less a £4.00 administration fee. If you want to extend your collection for a further 14 days after this period then you must contact Threads and Patches on 01908 649687 or by email email@example.com. Note you can only extend your collection date once.
We aim to deliver your order right away. We will normally despatch your order in 3 business days, please allow 7 days for delivery . If there is likely to be a delay with your order we will email you as soon as we can.
If your item is not in stock, we will back order for you. You will always be emailed with the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
For orders made from the UK or the European Union, 20% VAT is included.
Credit Card Security
When the order is placed at our website, credit and debit card numbers are dealt with through a secure payments provider. The card in initally authorised, payment is collected at the time we despatch. If we have not despatched your goods we have not debited your account although it remains authorised.
We Guarantee to provide you with good quailty products. If you have a complaint let us know as soon as possible and we will do everything we can to resolve the issue. Faulty goods shopuld be returned to us as soon as possible.
Tel: 01908 649687
We pride ourselves on looking after our customers, so please contact us if you have any concerns. We value your opinions and in order to improve we need customer input. Please contact us (preferably by email) with any issues or concerns.
Threads and Patches does not disclose buyers' information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party. Your personal details (name, address, email address etc.) are used for no purpose except fulfilling your order and contacting you if you wish to be on the mailing list. You will not receive unsolicited mail.
Privacy & Security
2. We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office under Reg. No. ZA056757 and are compliant with The Data Protection Act 1998.
Our Legitimate Interests - The Information We Collect And How We Use It
1. When you place an order, or provide feedback using our website, we might need to know your name and other information such as your postal address, email address, telephone number, your credit card and bank account details.
2. In order to optimise our services we may use the information you provide us for the provision of products and services.
3. We may also wish to provide you with information about our services and products which we think may be of interest to you. We may provide this information by telephone, post or email.
4. We may search the files of credit reference agencies, which may record the search. You have a right to apply for a copy of your personal information and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
5. We might share your information with our agents and distributors, and certain service providers to assist with our administration and delivery.
6. You must be at least eighteen years old to register online or purchase our goods or services. Threads and Patches does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of eighteen.
7. We may occasionally monitor telephone calls for training purposes.
8. We keep information only for as long as we need it to provide you services, manage our business or as required by law or contract.
2. Cookies are small data files, on your computer or handheld device. This is standard practice for all websites.
3. Cookies are essential for helping us deliver a high quality website and online shopping experience for our customers, and some collect information about browsing and buying behaviour. For more information about cookies, including how we use them and how to disable them.
4. By using and browsing the Threads and Patches website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies or refrain from using the site.
How Do I Disable Cookies?
1. If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu "tools" then "Internet Options"
2. Click on the "privacy" tab
3. Select the appropriate setting
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Choose the menu "tools" then "Options"
2. Click on the icon "privacy"
3. Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 & Further:
1. Choose the menu Files"> "Preferences"
What Happens If I Disable Cookies?
1. This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.
2. Continued use of this website will confirm that you agree to any such changes.
Updating Your Details And Marketing Preferences
1. If you want us to update your details or marketing preferences please contact us.
How To Contact Threads and Patches
Postal Address: Threads and patches, 15, Watling street, Bletchley Milton Keynes MK2 2BU
Telephone: 01908 649687
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to cancel
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the first good
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this
contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail to the address below.
Threads and Patches, 15, Watling Street, Fenny Stratford, MK2 2BU or email@example.com
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning
your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than-
( a) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
(b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or
(c) if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your
decision to cancel this contract.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial
transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have
received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods,
whichever is the earliest.
Failure to collect an Item ordered under the click and collect option
Where you have chosen the click and collect option, if you fail to collect your item within 14 days of being notified that the items are available for collection, then your order will be cancelled, you will be refunded lesss a £3 administration fee. If you want to extend your collection for a further 14 days after this period then you must contact Threads and Patches by telephone - 01908 649687 or email - firstname.lastname@example.org, please quote your order number.. Note you can only extend your collection date once.
If you have a complaint let us know as soon as possible and we will do everything we can to resolve the issue. If we cannot resolve it in two weeks then we will issue a full refund.
Workshop bookings are not secure without a non-refundable deposit of £5. Workshops are are not transferable to another person. Workshop fees are due in full 14 days before the class (excluding clubs). Transfers to an alternative class and refunds are available up to 7 days prior to the start of the class (refunds incur a £5 admin fee or loss of deposit). The full fee is due if you cancel your class within 7 days of the start. If for any reason Threads and Patches has to cancel a class a full refund will be given. When you book a class it is deemed you have agreed to these terms and conditions.
Due consideration for the students and teachers is expected during all our classes, you may be refused entry to a class if you are late and it is deemd too disruptive for you to join.
The Workshop Passport will be available for £80, from 1st December 2014. They are your passport for as many workshops as you wish during the term 1st January 2015- 30th April 2015. Holding our Workshop Passport also entitles you to a discount off many of our other classes and clubs during that period.
There are a few conditions to the passport
1. It is not transferable
2. You must book your workshop in advance (we reserve the right to cancel a class if there are too few people - less than 5)
3. If you book a workshop and do not attend for ANY reason (cancellation accepted up to 14 days before workshop) you must pay the full fee of the workshop as you may have prevented others from attending.
4. Workshops are booked on a strictly first come first served basis.
Block of the Month
For any one of our programs to actually take place, we must have at least 50 participants. Though most do, not all programs that we offer actually materialize. We also have to set a maximum amount of participants, and once that limit has been reached we close the program.
When you register for our block-of-the-month quilt programs, it is understood that you are registering for the entire program. We prepare a kit for you each month with the understanding that you will remain in the program for the duration.
We understand, however, that things happen. If something happens that causes you to need to cancel, please let us know as soon as possible. Should you need to cancel before the program is over, however, the Start-Up Fee is not refundable.
We often provide complete products (pattern, background, etc.) on our BOM programs during the first month. This is for your convenience and to protect against possible dyelot changes in the fabrics. In these cases, if a cancellation is made by the customer before the 6th month, a fee for the full amount of the items (pattern, background, etc) will be charged to the credit card you have provided.
If you should make a small mistake on a particular piece of fabric you can call and request a replacement. We are happy to accommodate when fabric is available provided this policy is not abused. If you make a large mistake we usually have extra fabric available for you to purchase . Please just call and discuss it with us!
Each program has a non-refundable Start-Up Fee. This, not only, tells us that you are invested in the program, but helps us to cover the initial costs of the patterns and fabrics needed. It also allows us to offer you the quilt at a reasonable monthly fee without a large lump-sum payment at the end for borders, binding, etc.
Participation Limits & Cancellations
If a program is cancelled, you will be contacted via email, and given the choice to apply your paid Start-Up Fee as either a shop credit, a Start-Up Fee for another Program, or a refund.
Booking for a retreat or weekend that involves accomodation should be treated like booking a holiday. Your place will not be booked without the required non refundable deposit (usually £50) . The remainder should be paid in full at least 4 weekds prior to departure date.
If you cancel within 1 calendar month of the event then the deposit plus 50% of the remainder is non refundable. This is because we have made a comitment to the hotel providers, you may have prevented others from attending and the advertising and preparation work has already been done.
We strongly advise that you treat this like any other holiday and obtain holiday insurance.